Get Involved as an Individual
- Join an action team by calling Jen Maurer at 507-217-5226.
- Like us on Facebook for information about various project and community happenings, health tips, and to provide support to others as they work toward their health goals.
- Continue to request healthy food options at local restaurants, sporting events and concession stands.
- Support downtown businesses and opportunities for social connections, such as supporting a walkable and bikeable downtown.
- Provide feedback to city leaders and the HONU Leadership Team on streets that could be improved to make them safer for our children walking or bicycling to school, and for everyone walking or riding their bicycle in our community.
- Share your ideas and opinions about how you can help support the Heart of New Ulm’s mission.
- Sign up to receive the quarterly Heart of New Ulm newsletter.
Get Involved as an Organization or Employer
- Incorporate a health theme or topic into an existing or new event and request to use the Heart of New Ulm’s logo to show your support for health in our community.
- Attend a quarterly worksite wellness networking and training event hosted by the Heart of New Ulm’s Worksite Wellness Team.
- Make a commitment to creating an environment that supports both physical and mental health for your employees, customers and visitors by considering wellness policies. These might include policies that promote healthier vending options or tobacco-free places, or provide opportunities for employees to be physically active or decompress from a stressful situation.
- Make a commitment to worksite wellness to help increase productivity, reduce absenteeism, improve staff morale and engagement, and reduce health care costs. For more information, contact New Ulm Medical Center’s Occupational Health and Wellness Services at 507-217-5842.
Want to Make a Difference?
Send us a message and we'll help you connect to an initiative that interests you!